Blue Guru Diving - Terms and Conditions
Blue Guru Diving is a Thai Limited company with full membership of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT no. 33/03986). Blue Guru is also a member of the Thai Diving Association. Blue Guru's diving instructors are fully qualified and insured PADI professionals.Below we outline the terms and conditions that apply when booking your holiday, course or trip with Blue Guru Conservation. These provide you with information on the following:
- What you need to do to secure your booking.
- When full payment is required.
- What happens if you need to cancel your booking at the last minute.
- What happens if we, in those rare circumstances, need to change a booked trip / tour / course.
Divemaster Internships have their own set of terms& conditions.
What You Need to Know
All Blue Guru Diving courses, diving trips & safaris, accommodation bookings are sold subject to the following conditions:
Making a booking
- Please provide all information requested to help us manage your reservation and booking as quickly as possible.
- Please book as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- All accommodation only & tailor made holiday bookings must be booked with boat transfers from Khuraburi pier to prevent logistical complications arising from independent transfer arrangements.
- All of our prices are based in Thai Baht and converted into our base currency of GBP for payment
- All Blue Guru prices (except Golden Buddha products) are subject to a supplemental 10% Service Fee (this covers credit card payment charges & Thai taxes) unless stated otherwise.
- Prices may be quoted in US Dollars, Euros or other currencies for your convenience subject to payment surcharge as described below.
Paying for your holiday
- For all bookings : Full booking value to be paid in advance unless stated otherwise
- There are three ways to make payment – by electronic bank transfer, Credit Card or via PayPal.
- To make a booking via bank transfer, please contact us to obtain details.
- To pay via Credit Card we will send a secure link
- To pay via Paypal we will send you a secure link.
- Payment is in British Pounds Sterling. See below for other currencies and payment conditions
Blue Guru Diving will charge service & exchange rate fees where appropriate.
- Paypal & Credit Card payments in GBP£ are only subject to a 10% service fee to cover local Thai taxes & credit card payment charges
- Paypal & Credit Card payments are subject to 4% additional fees on the following currencies : Euros, $US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Australian Dollars
- Paypal & Credit Card payments are subject to 6% fees on all other currencies
- Bank transfers received in GB Pounds Sterling do not incur any fees where Blue Guru receive the designated amount without penalty
If you need to cancel or change your booking at the last minute
For courses, trips, accommodation, transfers and packages provided by Blue Guru Diving the following cancellation/change policy will apply:
- Cancellations 60+ days before arrival: refund of 70% of booking value
- Cancellations 30-60 days before arrival: refund of 50% of booking value
- Cancellations 7-30 days before arrival: refund 30% of booking value
- Cancellations within 7 days before arrival: no refund
- Although every effort will be made to operate the trips as advertised, Blue Guru Diving reserves the right (at our sole discretion and without penalty) to make alternative arrangements as we see fit if caused by poor weather conditions, medical emergency, technical problems to vehicles, flight delay or other circumstances beyond our control
- Where it is in the interest of tour / trip / course members that an itinerary be shortened or altered, such alterations may be made without penalty to the company.
- Where demand causes the rescheduling of a Surin trip for a Tachai trip or vice versa, such alteration may be made without penalty to the company
- Where demand causes a speedboat trip to be rescheduled as a 'Chandida' trip or vice versa, such alteration may be made without penalty to the company
- Where Blue Guru Diving make a 'full refund' for a trip or activity, the amount refunded will be the net price. The service fee will be retained to cover all bank charges & exchange rate losses.
- We act as an agent for airline, hotel, and in some cases transport companies and assume no liability in connection with their services.
- Where holidays are booked utilising the services of accommodation partners - Golden Buddha Resort (t&c) or dive liveaboard - Khao Lak Scuba Adventures (t&c) then please refer to their terms & conditions will also come into effect
- Transfers from mainland Thailand to your resort on Koh Phra Thong rely on several service providers. Please provide inbound and outbound transfer details at least one week before arrival. Failure to do so may result in extensive delays (up to 24hrs) to you transfers.
- Blue Guru Diving will not be responsible for any act, omission, error or any injury, delay, irregularity, government regulations, theft or strikes over which we have no control.
- All divers must bring and show their certification card to be able to dive. A photocopy is not acceptable. In the event that diver certification is not proved then Blue Guru reserve the right to refuse individuals to dive. In this case no refund will be given.
- All divers must sign a PADI Liability Release, in accordance with standard industry practice, to be allowed to dive. In the event that the PADI Liability release is not signed then Blue Guru reserve the right to refuse individuals to dive. In this case no refund will be given.
- Blue Guru Diving are not responsible for nor can be held liable for damage or loss of customer equipment.
- For short trips Koh Surin Marine Park fees are charged independently of the trip and are charged at the following rate of 500 Baht entry followed by a per diem diving fee of 200 Baht.
- For vacation packages the Koh Surin Marine Park entrance & diving fees are included.
What happens if we need to change your booking
Our liability & snorkel/dive regulations
Diving and Conservation Permits
Like with all great Natural Marine Parks around the globe, the local Governments and Authorities impose local permit charges to all guest and visitors a like. Here in Thailand we have several marine parks of this type.
The following charges will apply to all our guests and will either be collected in advance or on the day of the activity:-
Fitness for scuba diving
All divers are required to be fit to dive, for their own safety & for the safety of our staff & other customers. Blue Guru reserve the right to refuse individuals to dive if they are not considered fit to dive. This includes being hungover or under the influence of drink/drugs, given the increased risks when diving in such a condition. In these circumstances, no refund would be given.
Any further questions, please contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you to Koh Phra Thong